K9 Educators - To Save a Pets Life

Episode 12: Blue Green Algae

August 01, 2020 Season 1 Episode 12
K9 Educators - To Save a Pets Life
Episode 12: Blue Green Algae
Show Notes Chapter Markers

Last summer, the news shocked dog owners across social media: three dogs died after playing in a pond in Wilmington, North Carolina, while another died after a swim in Lake Allatoona, Georgia, and three different dogs died after playing in a lake in Austin. What led to the deaths of all seven dogs? Likely, liver failure was brought on by ingesting water contaminated with toxic blue-green algae. Learn about this potent toxin and how to recognize the signs of intoxication and more importantly just how to keep your dog safe!

Get Pet First-aid Certified ONLINE from K9 Educators!  Join Dr Lisa Booth DVM and our Paramedic instructors as this course gives you confidence. Confidence that no matter what the situation involving your clients pets you will be able to provide care that will help for the best possible outcome. That alone can be priceless. 

The Pet Sitters course covers over 40 First Aid segments. Certification will be issued upon 80% Pass rate and CPR Skills Submission. Course is non refundable and has a 60 day completion period once registered. Certification is valid for no more than 3 years. 

Visit www.K9Educators.com to enroll in a course today! 

Blue-Green Algae
Blue-Green What?
What is Blue-Green Algae
How to spot Blue-Green Algae
Signs of Intoxication
More information on Blue Green Algae